Technogym confirms its leadership in CONNECTED WELLNESS
14,000 connected facilities globally with more than
10 million users on Technogym’s Mywellness platform
FIBO, Cologne – April 12th, 2018 – Technogym - the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness equipment and official supplier to the last seven Olympic games – announces that since its launch in 2012 Technogym’s Mywellness Platform has become the market reference for connected wellness and today features 14,000 connected fitness and wellness facilities around the world with more than 10 million users.
Mywellness is the only platform in the industry allowing end users to enjoy a fully personalized experience (training program, data and content) throughout the entire club journey both on the gym floor, during specific classes (cycling, rowing, heath rate and many others) and outdoors.
For Operators, unique comprehensive Mywellness features includes
- ASSESSMENT: ability to identify user specific needs, aspirations and fitness levels through fully customizable questionnaires and biometric data analysis.
- PRESCRIPTION: create, manage and update personalized training programs as well as monitor end user adherence to prescribed programs.
- CLASS FORMATS: offer engaging and immersive digital class experiences (Group Cycling Class, Rowing Class, Team Beats) fully integrated with member profiles with advanced scheduling and booking capability (e.g. “Reserve your seat” feature).
- RESULTS MONITORING: ensure full indoor and outdoor member data tracking on a single platform to deliver personalized services and improve customer retention.
- PROMOTION: reach members 24/7 with relevant messages, based on their personal profile, both on connected equipment and mobile to promote club services and drive secondary spend.
Mywellness is an open platform and when it comes to thirs party integrations, it connects with:
- The Largest Management Software Platforms in the market (over 50 platforms including Exerp, Gladstone, Abc Financial )
- Third party fitness and health tracking apps and devices (over 30 apps including Strava, Apple Health, Samsung Health, Garmin, Polar, My Fitness Pal)
- Technogym equipment, and equipment from other brands
Innovation is part of the Technogym DNA. Key milestones include:
- 1996 Technogym launched the first software system to manage training at the gym,
- 2003 the first TV screen integrated into fitness equipment
- 2007 the first online fitness equipment
- 2012 the first cloud platform in the fitness industry
In 2017 Technogym has introduced Apple Watch connectivity, which represents just the latest offer within the comprehensive TECHNOGYM’s Connected Wellness Offer. Technogym cardio equipment is compatible with Apple Watch using Apple GymKit technology. After the first ever fitness club in the world offering Apple GymKit compatibility on Technogym equipment launched last November in Sydney (Australia), today, Technogym now features an installed base of more than 5,000 Apple GymKit-enabled pieces of equipment in hundreds of fitness clubs all over the world.
By leveraging MyWellness digital platform, Technogym has also launched the “Let’s Move for a Better World” social campaign that has connected more than 150.000 people, in 1.000 fitness and wellness clubs all over the world, to donate their physical exercise for a good cause. The campaign leverages TECHNOGYM technology and connected equipment to motivate people to move more and more regularly and at the same time to have a social impact. The members of fitness and wellness clubs taking part in the campaign joined their forces to donate their exercise and promote the Wellness lifestyle in their local towns or communities, challenging each other on the cumulated MOVES (Technogym’s unity of measure for movement) in their facilities. By using connected TECHNOGYM equipment, participants can measure their training efforts and donate their MOVEs on MyWellness Cloud, TECHNOGYM's cloud-based digital platform. Upon reaching predefined movement goals, each Club can win a Technogym product to donate to any non-profit association of its choice which operates in fighting obesity and sedentary lifestyles.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is a world leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 65,000 Wellness centers and 200,000 private homes in the world are equipped with Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last five editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012, Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018.