A unique treadmill designed for performance training offering a complete solution for both cardio and power workouts
FIBO, Cologne – April 12th, 2018 –- Technogym – the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness equipment and official supplier to the last six Olympic games - is proud to announce the launch of SKILLRUNTM, the first piece of running equipment that combines cardio and power training in a single solution, designed to meet the training requirements of both elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
SKILLRUNTM is made to set the new benchmark in performance running and answer the needs of all runners, from sprinters to marathoners and triathletes. Thanks to its unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGYTM (patent pending) SKILLRUNTM offers a on the same equipment the possibility to select both cardio training and resistance workouts to enhance power. The interactive UNITY console – offering the same platform and interface family feeling throughout the entire Technogym range - allows users to access a completely customized workout experience, which engages and motivates them through digital contents, personalized training programs and data tracking. When it comes to programs, SKILLRUNTM offers a wide range of innovative workouts including high intensity interval training, speed resistance training and neuromuscular training, as well as immersive and entertaining options to user’s motivation high.
SKILLRUNTM includes some exclusive features specifically designed for athletic and performance training such as:
- Fast Track Control: to adjust speed and incline on the fly while exercising
- Maximum Training Space: thanks to the 55 cm – 22” wide belt and the streamlined frame
- Speed and Incline: up to 30 Km/h (18,6 mph) speed and incline ranging from -3% to +25%
- QUICKPAD: possibility to change speed and gradient in just one touch thanks to dedicated buttons
- Speed-shift: to create on-the-fly interval training profiles and switch from one speed to another with a simple touch of the Fast Track Control. And allows to perform a variety of unique cardio and power workouts, such as:
Running Session: the exclusive interactive technology Biofeedback (patent pending) tracks and monitors the main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables to improve the performance.
- Parachute training (patent pending): users can strengthen the resistive power and top-end speed with parachute training that reproduces the feeling of outdoor running with a parachute. Resistance is null at the start and increases to gain speed.
- Sled training: it allows users to train their power. Can reproduce the feeling of pushing a sled on grass. Resistance is high at the start and decreases to a constant rate.
SKILLRUN features 4 different patents:
- The MULTIDRIVE technology (patent pending) is a ground-breaking innovation that makes it possible for users to change the equipment mode from cardiovascular training to power training.
- PARACHUTE TRAINING KIT (patent pending) is an innovation created to reproduce the feeling of outdoor running in optimized conditions. The kit consists of a steel frame support equipped with an ergonomic adjustable belt that users can place around the waist to perform the parachute resistance training.
- BIOFEEDBACK (patent pending) is the exclusive interactive technology by Technogym that tracks and monitors your main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables you to improve your performance.
- SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is a totally new and innovative format that allows to create a more effective and motivating group running workout seamlessly from booking to results management.
This new product is part of the SKILLINE, a collection of products created to address the SKILLATHLETIC TRAINING. Borne from its experience as Official Supplier to the last seven Olympic Games and training partner to many professional teams and athletes all over the world, TECHNOGYM is launching SKILLATHLETIC TRAINING. This innovative training method is designed for everyone who wishes to improve athletic performance and offers a wide range of workouts including high intensity interval training, speed resistance training and neuromuscular training, both on class and individual training basis. SKILLATHLETIC training has been designed for athletes – runners, triathletes, road cyclists and specific disciplines – and for ‘everyday athletes’ willing to challenge their limits, answering the strong trend and consumer demand for high intensity training. Business model wise, SKILLATHLETIC training represents a perfect solution both for shop-in-shop style studios inside mainstream clubs, as well as stand-alone boutique clubs.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is a world leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 80,000 Wellness centers and 200,000 private homes in the world are equipped with Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last six editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.